Thursday, December 9, 2010

Comfort VS Painfully Cute

Tory Burch Reva in glitter

So while I was working in Bloomies today, I noticed two of their sales associates wearing the famous Tory Burch Reva flat. Now I'm usually not one to dictate what people should buy based on their pay but I know these usually go for $175 or more. I'm not sure if that's a wise purchase for employees who make $12 an hr but that's neither here nor there. What I thought was interesting was that the both of the associates were walking on the back of the shoe. If you notice in the pic above there is a strong elastic cut on the back of the heel. I actually own a pair of flats made similarly, and although I didn't spend that amount of money on them, they stay in the box because they're very uncomfortable . It made me think to myself, is it worth it to smother and damage your feet (putting your toes in a coma) just to be wearing whats considered "fashion forward"?!?! My answer is NO. Funny thing is that these 2 associates weren't the only women Ive seen walking on the back of these expensive flats. If I cant get the full function and comfort out of an expensive shoe then I wont waste my $ just trying to stay current in fashion.Now some may argue that heels/stiletto's would fit into the same category of cute but painful or uncomfortable. But of course I disagree with that. I make sure that EVERY heel I buy is what I deem to be comfortable. My definition of a comfortable heel is not in the height but more of the width of the heel and then other dynamics come into play. Whether its a platform, almond toe, pointy toe, peep toe, and square toe. One thing I will admit to is that I usually have a 2hr time limit in ALL heels and wedges. I actually think I might invest in those ballet flats that fit into the little bag for those nights when my 2hr time limit has expired! Nevertheless I advise everyone (male and female) to ONLY buy comfortable shoes. Especially males Ive seen them come out of their shoes because their feet hurt,TRAGEDY!!

1 comment:

  1. You know. I had some ALL BLACK flats with the gather in the back and they were nothin but comfy but I do agree. You have to be very careful wit that style.

    ReplyDelete